- This event has passed.
Hull Film Festival: HAIL SATAN?
July 4 @ 6:30 pm - 8:05 pm£6 – £8
At Vue Cinema Hull: BUY TICKETS
A look at the intersection of religion and activism, tracing the rise of The Satanic Temple: only six years old and already one of the most colourful and controversial religious movements in American history. The Temple is calling for a Satanic revolution to save the nation’s soul. But are they for real?
Chronicling the extraordinary rise of one of the most colourful and controversial religious movements in American history, Hail Satan? is an inspiring and entertaining new feature documentary from acclaimed director Penny Lane (Nuts!, Our Nixon).
When media-savvy members of the Satanic Temple organize a series of public actions designed to advocate for religious freedom and challenge corrupt authority, they prove that with little more than a clever idea, a mischievous sense of humour, and a few rebellious friends, you can speak truth to power in some truly profound ways. As charming and funny as it is thought-provoking, Hail Satan? offers a timely look at a group of often misunderstood outsiders whose unwavering commitment to social and political justice has empowered thousands of people around the world. Smart, witty and thought-provoking, Hail Satan? is an entertaining dispatch from the frontline of the fight for social justice and religious freedom.
Starring Jex Blackmore, Chalice Blythe, Nicholas Crowe
“A crowd-pleaser. Wickedly funny, fascinating and niftily made.” – Leslie Felperin, Hollywood Reporter
“Wry and illuminating. Could make professional lampooners like Armando Iannucci and Christopher Guest jealous.” – Ben Kenigsberg, NY Times
HAIL SATAN? is 15. Please see the BBFC website for more information (may contain spoilers).
Tickets Terms and Conditions
• All films run without adverts and trailers and will be preceded by a short introduction from the festival team.
• The screening room opens 10-15 minutes before the programme begins, although the venue is open earlier.
• Hull Film Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to audience members arriving after the advertised start time.
• Tickets are unreserved seating – seat choice is first come, first served, upon doors opening, access to the VIP leather seating will be prioritised for Full Festival Passholders, which can be purchased here
• Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
• Advance tickets can only be purchased by phone or online, not in person.
• Tickets can be bought from the Hull Film Festival stand at Vue Cinema Hull 30 minutes prior to the start of a performance.
** Please note: Tickets are not available via the Vue Box Office and is not included in Vue’s £4.99 ticket deal. Tickets available via Hull Box Office or on the door at the Hull Independent Cinema desk in the theatre lobby.