- This event has passed.
Hull Film Festival: THE DEAD CENTER
July 4 @ 8:30 pm - 10:10 pm£6 – £8
At Vue Cinema Hull: BUY TICKETS
A hospital psychiatrist’s own sanity is pushed to the edge when a frightened amnesiac patient insists that he has died and brought something terrible back from the other side. An intelligent piece of genre-bending film-making that demonstrates a keen understanding of the horrors present in the everyday world.
After waking up in a body bag, a mysterious John Doe disappears and finds his way to the hospital’s psychiatric ward, where he becomes the charge of a devoted doctor (Shane Carruth) who is fascinated by the man’s claims of being controlled by a “blackness” inside of him. Meanwhile, a curious medical examiner (Bill Feehely) searches for clues into the cause of the man’s disappearance. As the two men are drawn deeper John Doe’s psychosis they start to realize that the truth might be more sinister and ancient than they ever dared imagine.
The Dead Center takes on complex ideas about life, death and immortality, infusing them with a slick and unsettling injection of classic hospital paranoia. An intelligent piece of genre-bending film-making that demonstrates a keen understanding of the horrors present in the everyday world.
Starring Shane Carruth, Poorna Jagannathan, Jeremy Childs
“A creepy collision of the psychological and the supernatural…a masterclass in rising tension.” – Anton Bitel, SciFi Now
“An intelligent piece of filmmaking that demonstrates an acute understanding of horrors present in the mundane world.” – Jennie Kermode, Eye for Film
THE DEAD CENTER is unrated. No one under the age of 18 will be permitted into the cinema.
Tickets Terms and Conditions
• All films run without adverts and trailers and will be preceded by a short introduction from the festival team.
• The screening room opens 10-15 minutes before the programme begins, although the venue is open earlier.
• Hull Film Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to audience members arriving after the advertised start time.
• Tickets are unreserved seating – seat choice is first come, first served, upon doors opening, access to the VIP leather seating will be prioritised for Full Festival Passholders, which can be purchased here
• Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
• Advance tickets can only be purchased by phone or online, not in person.
• Tickets can be bought from the Hull Film Festival stand at Vue Cinema Hull 30 minutes prior to the start of a performance.
** Please note: Tickets are not available via the Vue Box Office and is not included in Vue’s £4.99 ticket deal. Tickets available via Hull Box Office or on the door at the Hull Independent Cinema desk in the theatre lobby.